This stunning short film explains why more than 300 Native American tribes, the largest gathering in human history, have joined together to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline.
In the film, Native American Winona Duke proclaims: “Don’t operate out of fear. operate out of hope. Because with hope, everything is possible.
Eight things you can do to support the Standing Rock Sioux in stopping the Dakota Access Pipeline:
- Donate to support the Standing Rock Sioux .
- Contribute to the Sacred Stone Camp Legal Defense.
- Learn about and support the Lakota People’s Law Project’s work in North Dakota here.
- Sign the petition to the White House to stop the pipeline.
- Sign this Change.org petition by Oceti Youth to stop the pipeline.
- Sign this Credo petition urging President Obama to stop the pipeline.
- Sign this MoveOn petition to Stop the Violence Against the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe.
- Sign this MoveOn petition to stop the state of North Dakota from forcing hundreds of Lakota children into foster care and group homes.
For more about the oppression of Lakota Sioux families by the State of North Dakota, watch and share the Lakota People’s Law Project video here: